While I was sure that the weather wouldn’t affect my flight if I got to South Carolina before Wednesday, I was wrong. I’m drafting this post on Tuesday night during a three-hour flight delay at LaGuardia Airport. To be fair, the new Delta terminal has kept me occupied at one of its hundreds of rest stations, equipped with tablets and outlets. As a pilot’s daughter, I’m also used to dealing with delays when I fly standby. Hi, Dad! Still, I wish I was in the air headed home to enjoy Thanksgiving with my family.
Unfortunately, I’m predicting that flight delays will continue through tomorrow. Some of you reading this may be dealing with the same situation. To help subdue the frustration of sitting around the airport in a healthy way, I’ve rounded up a few links for you to browse. Good luck, and enjoy your holiday!
- Hubs That Make It Easy For Travelers To Fit In A Workout via Huffington Post
- Fly fitter with these 7 essential airport exercises via CNN Travel
- The Best Healthy Airport Foods via Cooking Light
- Which U.S. airports serve healthy food? via USA Today
- 10 Tips for Sleeping Safely at the Airport via Smarter Travel
- How to Sleep in an Airport via USA Today
- Buy the latest issue of SELF, SHAPE, or Women’s Health.
- Catch up on posts from blog favorites Well + Good and Greatist.
If all else fails, order a cheeseburger with a strong drink at the bar.
And then give thanks that you’ll soon be spending Thanksgiving with family or friends.
Background Image via Nike