If you’re anything like me and my friends, you’ve started to talk about summer travel more frequently in the last few weeks. Many New Yorkers take the opportunity to leave the city almost every weekend to escape the heat and fast pace. I think this will especially be true after the brutal winter we’ve had. I’m hoping to take a trip at least once per month this summer and have started to look at options that are both active and relaxing.
Image via Indagare
Liz Barnet, Trainer at Uplift Studios and SLT, is leading a Gondwana Women’s Wellness Ecotour on July 9-13, 2014. This trip would be an ideal option for any active woman looking to give back to herself. The all-inclusive, five-day wellness journey will include the following highlights:
- Stay in single/double occupancy rooms at the Villa Durazno, with a private chef preparing meals
- Hike through the tropical forest of Rincon de la Vieja, alongside hot springs, waterfalls, and monkeys
- Get personal training bootcamp sessions with trainer Liz Barnet
- Talk with Costa Rican organic farmers about their craft, trying some delicious produce
- Boat along vital floodplains, marshes full of crocodiles, and forests brimming with monkeys in Palo Verde
- Fly alongside toucans on a canopy zip-lining experience deep in the jungle
- Complete daily yoga practices looking out over the crystalline Pacific Ocean
- Enjoy an included massage and book additional spa services
To learn more about this Gondwana Ecotour, click here. The price of the package is $2760 for a single and $2100 for a double, which includes food, accommodations, one massage, guided activities, and transportation to and from the airport. Liz is also offering readers a 30-minute pre-trip phone consultation, so you can discuss your goals for the Ecotour. Liz is an advocate of making small changes in the daily routine to accomplish big goals. She wants to make sure trip attendees feel educated and empowered to do just that.