I often post my favorite activewear on Instagram and reserve my blog for training and race updates, but I wanted to share my five favorite sports bras today. As a distance runner with a large cup size, wearing a supportive sports bra is crucial for comfort (okay, and to prevent bounce). It’s important to note that this post is not sponsored. I’ve worn these bras to train for and run multiple half marathons and one full marathon over the last two years. In this case, the performance trumps the cute factor. If you’re an athlete looking for excellent support, these bras are the best I’ve found.
1. Sweaty Betty Ultra Run Bra ($65) — Sizes: 32A-38F / Runs: Slightly Small / Straps: Adjustable with a hook that allows for U-back or racerback / Band: Structured and thick / Closure: Hook and eye at back / Colors: Eight Choices / Unique Feature: Low, open back / Wearing Here
2. New Balance Shockingly Unshocking Bra ($50) — Sizes: 32C-44DD / Runs: True Bra Size / Straps: Adjustable in front / Band: Lined and thick / Closure: Hook and eye at back / Colors: Eight Choices / Unique Feature: Higher neckline for coverage / Wearing Here
3. Victoria’s Secret Knockout Bra ($65) — Sizes: 32B-40DDD / Runs: Slightly Small / Straps: Adjustable with V-back / Band: Soft and thick / Closure: Front clip/zip / Colors: Twelve Choices / Unique Feature: Double layer of coverage / Wearing Here
4. Oiselle Bra-Zen Bra ($52) — Sizes: Small-Large / Runs: True Shirt Size / Straps: Adjustable with convertible X or square back / Band: Soft and seamless / Closure: Hook and eye at back (pulls over head) / Colors: One Choice / Unique Feature: Seamless design with wicking fabric
5. Moving Comfort Uplift Crossback ($48) — Sizes: XS-XL / Runs: True Shirt Size / Straps: Non-adjustable, mesh, X-back / Band: Adaptive and thick / Closure: Hook and eye at back / Colors: Five Choices / Unique Feature: Extra thick (not padded) cups / Wearing Here
Note: None of these sports bras include padding or push-up. I also have not chafed in them.
Do you have a favorite sports bra? Tell me about it!